Direct polymer moulding
The main properties of polymer insulation:
- fire and explosion safety of bushings;
- tracking erosion resistance;
- good dirt-proof performance due to good hydrophobic properties of the polymer;
- electric strength of dirty insulation by 15-20% higher as compared with porcelaininsulators;
- good crashworthiness and seismic stability due to the good elastic properties of the material;
- no limitations in terms of the bushing installation angle.
The main advantage of the technology is the immediate application of monolithic polymer insulation without intermediate filling.
The polymer insulation elasticity is based on the organosilicon composites of RTV-2 type.
Based on the customer requirements the polymer external insulation is applied as an alternative for the porcelain insulator.